What do I have to do when lodging my tax return?

We are required to send details of your private health insurance to the ATO. If you do your tax online, select the pre-fill option and the details should populate. If you use a tax agent, they should also be able to access the information.

If you choose to lodge a paper tax return, you'll need a copy of your Private Health Insurance Statement which can be downloaded from the self-service portal

For help on what sections you’ll need your statement for, visit the ATO website.