Unlike with steps, the iPhone does not have a way to automatically detect when you are riding your bike. Therefore in order for your ride to be recorded you need to use either Strava (a free app available in the App Store) or an Apple Watch.
To use Strava please follow these steps:
- Download Strava from the App store.
- Connect Strava to your Health App.
- Make sure your Qantas Assure App has been paired with Health and can access Cycling Data from Health. You will be prompted to do this the first time you start the Cycling Challenge but if you would like to check this:
- In Health tap on ‘Sources’ found in the tab bar at the bottom of the screen
- Tap on ‘Qantas Assure’
- Ensure ‘cycling data’ is enabled
To use your Apple Watch please follow these steps:
- Each time you jump on your bike tap on the Workout App found on your Apple Watch
- Select ‘Outdoor cycle’
- Tap on ‘Start’ and away you go.